Flying to Toronto:

Toronto's Pearson International airport (YYZ Pearson Intl.) is linked in to the public transit and is connected to the main highways. More information about the airport and transportation to and from the city can be found on the Toronto Pearson website.

Upon arrival at the airport, public transportation is a recommended option. The new Union Pearson (UP) Express is a train that runs from the Pearson International Airport to Union Station (the third and last stop). From Union Station, it is about a 15-25 minute walk to the Chelsea Hotel and the other facilities. The fare for the UP Express is listed online at $12 CA. Alternatively, if you'd prefer to save a few dollars and spend a little more time, you can catch the bus line 192 which will take you to the Tube at the Bloor Street Line(Toronto's subway or Metro link). Change to the Yonge Street Line and go south 2 stops to exit at the College Street Metro Stop. Walk two blocks south along Yonge St. to Gerrard, turning west on Gerrard. 100 yards to the Hotel.

The fare for a city taxi to go from the airport to the city is listed online to be $50 - 80 CA.

Driving from nearby cities

Nearby Airports and Driving Time Estimate

City, State Estimated Driving Time
Rochester, New York 3 Hours
Buffalo, New York 2 hour
Detroit, Michigan 3 to 4 1/2 hours

International Travellers (not USA) to Canada

Applying for an eTA is a simple online process. With your passpport in hand, go on line (see links below), pay $7 via credit card, and it will be emailed to you. Most applicants get their eTA approval (via an email) within minutes. However, some requests can take several days to process if you're asked to submit supporting documents. It is best to get an eTA before you book your flight to CanadaFor international travellers are listed under these sites:

1. Electronic Travel Authorization information by Country

2. Apply for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)

USA Travellers to Canada

For those USA citizens who will be returning to USA, the documentation requirements differ if you are flying or driving.

Flying You will need either a USA passport or NEXUS card.

DrivingYou can use either of these or a US Passport card - Enhanced Driver's license currently available in MI, NY, VT and WA. Green Card holders in US will need to get eTA to fly into and out of Canada. Finally, travellers with children should research the requirements before leaving USA.

Please verify that this information is still current before leaving on your trip, as USA travel rules may be in flux.

Map of Meeting and Hotel Locations

Street map showing Faculty Club, MaRS building and Hotel -

Click here for larger map

Questions or comments: please contact